Thor: The Dark World
A ‘random-comments-and-personal-opinions-bullet-form’ movie review by Joshua Carl Benedict Navarro
[Major spoilers ahead! Don't read if you hate spoilers! Okay? Don't tell me I didn't warn you or else I'll flippin flip you flippin' face!]
-It was like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Dr. Who (See what I did there? Malekith? No? Okay.) combined! Excited for the next infinity stone and, of course, the INFINITY GAUNTLET!
- Malekith and Kurse had bad character development. I bet my my armpit hair 80% of the viewers did not understand the dark elves’ origin story. If you don’t know malekith from the comics. Then you’ll never know who he is. Sometimes I think about it at night and it makes my cry.
- Another contender for ‘BEST IN I-DON’T-KNOW-WHO-YOU-FREAKIN’-PEOPLE-ARE AWARD!’ goes to The Warriors Three! What a waste on characters. Lady Sif was likeEd Sheeran’s song Give Me Love through out the movie. (Dear Marvel, if you don’t do something about this you might lose Jaimie Alexander to DC. Wonder Woman remember?) So many characters. So little time.
- Asgard looked like it went to the beach, went sunbathing, went back to the cottage and slept without taking a bath. Seriously, If dust bunnies were real, Malekith would be dead after we crosses the bifrost. I missed the cartoonish golden glorious Asgard on the first movie. I think it really looked like a place where gods sleep, eat and procreate (lol).
- Loki was awesome! My girlfriend and I cried when he died. (Oh wait, did he? *evil laugh*)
- The Captain America cameo was pure genius! It made my inner fangirl jump up and down! Serious, ask my girlfriend. Lol. I was like “Holyshdi;asaskdjf;kasdji!!!1 CAPTAIN AMERICA!”. And that “Godbless Amer…….mmmmmm” was priceless. Haha.
-Frigga (The queen of Asgard, Thor’s mother, Loki’s step-mother, Odin’s wife), her role was special in this movie. You could see that she’s the only one who trusts Loki, she loves him despite of everything. And because of her you can see that Loki has a heart. Wish she didn’t die. (Yes she died, didn’t see that coming huh?! Well screw you. Haha jk)
- Kat Dennings did a really great job on comic relief. Everytime she’s on the scene, I’m smiling and/laughing. (Darcy: How’s space? Thor: Space is good.)
- That portal from Midguard (Errm… Earth) to the Dark World drove Mjolnir (Thor’s hammer) insane. Like batshit crazy! Going from one realm to the other! Haha.
-Heimdall! Significant improvement on his character! Idris Elba did a great job! He was so badass, he took down an invisible stone starfighter (Ignore this Star Wars reference.) You read that right a stone space ship! STONE! If you see someone destroy an invisible stone (I can’t emphasize this enough) space ship with only two daggers without him seeing it and you don’t think that’s badass, you belong in kindergarten.
-Again, MALEKITH! Why did he wait for Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) to find the Aether? If your answer is: So he can be killed by Thor. THAT’S CORRECT! It wouldn’t be a great movie if he just spent his life finding the Aether and when he finally finds it, it would prevent Odin from being king, prevent Thor and Loki from being born and uhhh you know, no THOR. Duh.
- You can really feel Thor and Loki’s love for each other, it’s like they’re kids. You know when someone fights your younger brother and you tell that person “Nobody picks on my brother but me!”. That kind of stuff.
- One other thing, THOR DIDN’T WEAR HIS FREAKIN’ HELMET! Boooooo. I know it looks silly, but they’re super heroes!!!! (EXHIBIT A: Captain America)
- Thor’s story arc was never discussed. Everything was told, except THOR’S. If you don’t know thor, all you know about him is he has a powerful hammer, he’s strong, and he can fly. That’s it.
- If this Movie was titled “Loki: Thor’s Brother Who Was Locked In A Dungeon But Was Freed Because Thor Asked For His Help To Stop Malekith and Trick Thor That He’s Dead So He Can Kill Odin So He Can Rule Asgard And Shit”, I would’ve given it a five out of five but nevertheless
- BUT……………… DESPITE ALL IT’S FLAWS. It still gave life to my inner child! It made me wants to see more. It made me want to see the next Marvel MOVIE! It was a good way to start the road to ‘Age of Ultron’. It was a really great movie. You will love it even if you haven’t read the comics yet. Trust me. WATCH IT!
I gave A FOUR out of FIVE!
And that’s it for my review. Thanks for reading.